North Augusta, SC Car Accident Attorneys
Start with a Free Case Consultation
After being in a car accident, it can be confusing to know what to do next and where to get legal help. At Jamie Casino Injury Attorneys in North Augusta, we make it simpler for clients and potential clients by always offering free initial consultations.
With one call to (912) 809-5335 after a crash, you can discuss the key elements of the case, and see what to do next. The sooner you talk to us, the better because the information about the accident will be fresher in your mind, so please don’t hesitate.
Why Jamie Casino
Why do so many North Augusta locals choose our firm?
- We have represented injured drivers since 2006.
- We don’t settle for less than 100% of the compensation that you deserve.
- We can take your case to trial if needed.
- We have a long history of record-breaking verdicts and settlements.
Don’t Stress It – Call Our Firm Now
It is stressful to be in a car accident, and sometimes, just as stressful to handle the legal work afterward. To get rid of that stress while pursuing the compensation that you are owed, speak with our North Augusta car accident lawyers right away. We would be honored to handle every step of your case, including acting on your behalf in courtroom litigation if it comes to it.
On This Page:
Our Dream Team at Jamie Casino Injury Attorneys can handle virtually any car accident claim brought to us. We put our heads together to build a strong case for every client, no matter what type of car accident is involved in the case.
You can rely on us to help with car accident claims that involve the following and more:
- Drunk driving
- Rear-end collisions
- Multiple vehicles
- Defective auto parts
- Unsafe roads
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists (UM/UIM)
While some accidents are unavoidable, many are caused by human error and can be prevented. Some of the most common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving: This is one of the leading causes of car accidents today. Drivers who are texting, talking on the phone, eating, or even just changing the radio station are not fully focused on the road and are more likely to cause an accident.
- Speeding: Exceeding the speed limit or driving too fast for road conditions reduces the driver's reaction time and increases the risk of losing control of the vehicle.
- Driving under the influence: Alcohol, drugs, and even some prescription medications can impair a driver's judgment, reaction time, and coordination, making them more likely to cause an accident.
- Reckless driving: This includes behaviors such as tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, and disregarding traffic signals or signs. Drivers who engage in reckless driving put themselves and others on the road at risk.
- Poor road conditions: Drivers may lose control of their vehicles, potentially causing accidents, as a result of inadequately maintained roads, uneven pavement, and potholes.
- Vehicle malfunction: Faulty brakes, worn tires, and other mechanical problems can cause a driver to lose control of their vehicle, leading to accidents.
- Weather conditions: Rain, snow, ice, and fog can reduce visibility and make road conditions more hazardous, increasing the risk of accidents.
- Inexperienced drivers: Drivers who are new to the road may lack the experience and skills necessary to handle certain situations, increasing their risk of causing an accident.
Many car accidents are preventable, and drivers must be aware of the common causes of accidents and take steps to minimize their risk. If you've or a loved one have been injured in an accident in North Augusta, call our accident attorneys today.
In South Carolina, the damages that can be recovered after a car accident typically fall into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic damages refer to the financial losses incurred as a direct result of the accident, including:
- Medical expenses: This includes the cost of hospitalization, doctor's visits, medication, rehabilitation, and any other medical treatment necessary for the injuries sustained in the accident.
- Property damage: This includes the cost of repairing or replacing the damaged vehicle or any other property damaged in the accident.
- Lost wages: This refers to the income lost as a result of the accident, including any time taken off work for medical treatment or recovery.
- Future earning capacity: If the accident results in permanent disability or limits the victim's ability to work in the future, they may be entitled to compensation for their future lost earning capacity.
Non-economic damages refer to the intangible losses that are not directly tied to financial losses. These damages may include:
- Pain and suffering: This refers to the physical and emotional pain and suffering caused by the accident and the resulting injuries.
- Emotional distress: This includes the psychological trauma, anxiety, and depression that may result from the accident.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: If the accident results in a permanent disability or limits the victim's ability to engage in activities they once enjoyed, they may be entitled to compensation.
In some cases, punitive damages may also be awarded if the at-fault driver's conduct was particularly reckless or intentional.
South Carolina imposes a 50% liability limit on car accident claimants. In other words, you can only be 50% liable or less to demand compensation from the other involved parties. If it is determined that your liability meets or exceeds 51%, then the court can dismiss your claim.
The comparative negligence rule in South Carolina makes it even more important to work with an experienced car accident attorney. Let our Dream Team handle your claim. We can look for ways to ensure your liability is fairly kept low.
Count on the team that doesn’t give up. Call (912) 809-5335 now.
Bicyclist killed by a commercial vehicle.
DUI / Serious Injury Wreck
Head-On DUI collision.
Tractor Trailer Collision
Rear-End Tractor-Trailer Collision
Fatal Shooting at Nightclub
Drunk Driving Collision
DUI collision with moderate injuries.
Tow Truck Collision
Rear-end tow truck collision.
Proven ResultsOur firm has a long track record of successful verdicts & settlements for the seriously injured, including many in excess of policy limits.
Insurance Industry InsightOur attorneys understand how insurance companies operate and know how to prevent them from minimizing your injuries.
Fearless AdvocacyOur aggressive legal team is not afraid to go to trial to speak for victims of injury who cannot speak for themselves.
Unwavering CommitmentWhen it comes to fighting for your recovery, we refuse to settle for anything less than the full and fair compensation you deserve.
I highly recommend the Jamie Casino Law Firm.
I looked at a few firms to help me with my accident. I settled on the Jamie Casino Law Firm based on recommendations, all the positive reviews I read, and my interaction with the Intake Manager ...- Randy Bolduc
Best injury lawyers in town!
Best injury lawyers in town!- Angela Tapley
My family and I appreciate all of their hard work!
Aisha in the Demand department and Toni from Records was very patient and very diligent with giving me the info on how the process was going. My family and I appreciate all of their hard work!- Chelsea J.