Savannah Car Accident Attorneys
Aggressive Representation for Car Crash Victims in Georgia
Every day, car accidents caused by negligent drivers impact innocent lives. Car accidents can lead to some of the most catastrophic and life-changing injuries possible. If you or someone you love has been involved in an accident, you need a strong advocate who can help you fight for justice and ensure that the responsible party is held accountable.
It’s time to drop the hammer – and at Jamie Casino Injury Attorneys, we get results. We aren’t afraid to go head-to-head with the big insurance companies who don’t want to pay you what you deserve. Our Savannah car accident lawyers never back down from the fight for justice.
On This Page:
- Car Accident Cases We Handle
- Who Is Liable After a Car Accident in GA?
- Deadline for Filing a Claim
- What Damages Are Available?
- Proving Fault
- Claim Killers
- Accidents Involving an Underinsured/Uninsured Motorist
- What to Do After an Accident
- Fighting Back Against Insurance Companies
- Why Hire Our Firm?
If you do not find the information you are looking for about your accident/injury, please give our Savannah auto accident lawyers a call: (912) 809-5335.
Car Accident Cases in Georgia
After suffering an injury in a car accident, you’ll be facing a slew of complicated issues. You might need expensive medical treatment, time off from work, and extensive car repairs. These are things you shouldn’t have to face alone – the person responsible for the accident should be held accountable so that you can afford the care you need to move forward.
At Jamie Casino Injury Attorneys, we handle claims involving car accidents caused by:
- Drunk driving - Drunk driving accidents happen all too often. If you or a loved one were injured in a DUI accident, our firm is here to help! We work hard to secure as much compensation as possible, including punitive damages. Learn more about how we can help you by reading our DUI accidents page!
- Texting and driving and other forms of negligent driving - Distracted driving is an extremely dangerous practice, in today’s fast-pace society distractions are all around us – cell phones being one of the biggest causes of distraction. In fact, Georgia passed a law in July 2018 prohibiting drivers from handling their cell phones while driving. Despite this law, drivers continue this reckless behavior. When drivers act negligently on the road, they should be held accountable for the damage they inflict.
- Rear-end collisions - Tailgating is one of the most common causes of rear-end collisions. All too often the driver in the stationary car is unaware a moving vehicle is about to hit them, as a result, they are not braced for impact. The passengers in the moving car usually don’t sustain as serious of injuries.
- Defective auto parts - When auto manufacturers create defective products, they can be held liable for the damages they cause. Read our Defective Auto Parts page to learn more about liability laws and how our firm can fight for you!
- Unsafe road conditions - In some situations, the local government can be held responsible for accidents caused by unsafe road conditions. The statute of limitations to file a claim against the government can be shorter depending on the claim you are filing. It is important to speak with an auto accident attorney in Savannah right away if you have been injured in an accident caused by unsafe road conditions.
Who Is Liable After a Car Accident in GA?
Georgia is a “fault” state when it comes to car accident liability. This means that the negligent party who caused the accident is responsible for paying any resulting damages. The main qualifying criteria to file a personal injury claim against an at-fault driver is that you must be less than 50% at fault for the accident that led to your injuries. This means that even if you are partially responsible for an accident you are still eligible to pursue compensation. In this scenario, however, your total compensation will be reduced by the same percentage of fault you are determined to be responsible for. Therefore, proving that your liability was at most 49% is crucial -- Our experienced car accident lawyers in Savannah are up to the task!
Your Deadline for Filing a Claim
Your auto accident has a deadline for recovery before any claims you file are automatically dismissed by the court. Auto accident claims against non-governmental insurance providers must be filed within a two-year statute of limitations, which starts on the date of your accident or when your injuries were first reasonably noticeable. If you were involved in an automobile accident with a military or other government vehicle, the statute of limitations is reduced to one year.
What Damages are Available?
There are three main types of damages that can be recovered after a car accident:
- Economic damages or special damages compensate for financial losses sustained as a result of an injury such as medical expenses or missed days at work.
- Non-economic damages, also called general damages, compensate for more intangible losses such as pain and suffering.
- Punitive damages, the last type of damages, is different from the first two because their main purpose is to punish the negligent party rather than compensate for specific losses.
Before you can get any of these damages, though, you have to prove that they exist. Car accident attorneys will often have the least trouble proving economic or special damages because they are based on concrete topics. Medical bills, vehicle repair bills, and reduced paychecks can all be collected to show clearly how your finances have been impacted by the accident. Medical specialists and financial experts can be called upon to further prove the future consequences of your injuries if necessary.
Non-economic or general damages are a bit different, though, because there is no concrete way to translate physical suffering and mental trauma into dollars and cents. As unusual as it might seem, there are some definitive ways to figure out a “fair” amount of non-economic damage. Attorneys and insurance representatives often consider the age, overall health, income, and predicted hardships of the claimant to come up with this number.
The Savannah car accident attorneys at Jamie Casino Injury Attorneys can effectively demonstrate the damages you've suffered with medical records, accident reports, expert testimony, and other forms of evidence.
Proving Fault in a Car Accident
In a car accident claim, your liability is how much you are determined to be at fault for the crash. Lower liability usually equates to a better opportunity to recover a fair amount of compensation. Using the same evidence that established your damages, our Savannah car accident lawyers can also establish liability. Proving liability is more important than you might realize at first, too, because you can be stopped from collecting any compensation at all in Georgia if you are more than 49% liable for an accident.
To prove that the other driver is at fault for your car accident, we can look for signs that they were negligent. When considering negligence in terms of a personal injury case, negligent behavior is any behavior that another driver reasonably would not have done in the same situation.
Clear examples of driver negligence are:
- Drunk driving
- Texting and driving
- Exhausted driving
- Driving without a license
If you have been involved in a car accident and intend on filing a claim, it’s important that you take the right steps to avoid jeopardizing your claim. Our Savannah car accident lawyers can advise you accordingly.
Factors that could seriously impede your recovery in an auto accident claim include:
- Gaps in medical treatment (missed appointments, etc.)
- Talking too much with the insurance adjuster (we recommend consulting with us before agreeing to speak with the insurance company)
- Settling too quickly
- Not following the doctor’s orders
- Jumping from attorney to attorney
Accidents Involving an Underinsured/Uninsured Motorist
You may have been involved with a driver who does not have enough insurance – or any insurance at all. In cases where the at-fault driver is uninsured, you should call our Savannah car accident attorneys immediately.
You are still entitled to recovery, which may be possible from:
- Your policy
- Other policyholders in your house
- Other policyholders in the at-fault, uninsured driver’s household
Additionally, multiple insurance policies may be stacked until you are properly compensated for your injuries.
What to Do After an Accident in Savannah
It’s a good idea to be prepared in case you are ever involved in a car accident. Knowing the right steps to take can improve your chances of recovering compensation if someone else is to blame for the incident.
If you are involved in an accident and suffer an injury, you should:
- Seek treatment at an emergency room or with your primary physician
- Avoid talking to the insurance adjuster about your injuries other than the fact you were hurt
- Seek legal advice from a qualified personal injury attorney
- Follow through with your medical treatment, which decreases the risk of future complications and increases the value of your claim
When to Get an Attorney for a Car Accident
When it comes to navigating the complexities of a car accident, there are many things that you should consider when deciding when to get an attorney for your car accident. While it's a good idea to get in touch with a lawyer after a car accident regardless of the scenario, it's especially important to do so if you were injured. Even if the injury seems minor, it could develop into something more serious and having a lawyer can ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
Often times, when an individual is injured or has damage to their vehicle as a result of a car accident, they may feel overwhelmed and unsure as to when should be the appropriate time to hire an auto accident attorney. It is important to keep in mind that hiring a qualified and experienced car accident lawyer who can help guide you through the legal process can be beneficial in any potential case situation.
Generally, when a car accident involves another party being responsible for damages or if you feel that you were not at fault and need help with insurance claims processes, then it is recommended that you seek legal counsel for assistance. Additionally, when medical bills are involved due to injuries resulting from the incident, our car accident attorney in Savannah can help review paperwork and ensure appropriate measures are taken so that all parties involved receive needed compensation and reimbursement.
Fighting Back Against Insurance Companies
Without fail, auto insurance companies always try to pull the wool over the customer’s eyes and manipulate injured drivers into accepting low-ball settlement offers. At Jamie Casino Injury Attorneys, we see right through these tactics and want to make sure you get every penny you deserve.
Don’t let the insurance company bully you into less than you are owed – work with our Savannah car accident attorneys to get the most out of your claim.
Why Hire Our Firm?
Auto insurance companies will jump on the chance to take advantage of your confusion and general lack of knowledge if you try to file your car accident claim on your own. They know that you don’t have the time, resources, or energy to see through each of their tactics, such as minimizing your damages by saying some of your injuries were preexisting. Essentially, you will be placing yourself in a precarious position from the start of your claim.
If you hire our firm, though, you can be ready for anything the opposition throws at you, and even return with some surprises of your own. As a Dream Team of attorneys with decades of collective legal experience and eclectic backgrounds, we know a thing or three about preparing a strong car accident claim that catches auto insurance companies off-balance and that demands 100% of the damages you are owed. The secret to many of our successful case results has been our thorough casework processes and procedures that leave no stone unturned when working on a client’s case.
Our process can be divided into 5 distinct steps:
- Collecting evidence: At the start of your case, we will want to get as much relevant information that you already have as possible. Everything from medical records and police reports to copies of your insurance policy is incredibly useful in the hands of our experienced Savannah car accident attorneys. If you do not have this information available, do not worry. We can obtain important documents on your behalf while you stay at home and rest.
- Investigating circumstances: There is usually more evidence of liability not yet uncovered through documentation. It is just a matter of finding it. Our Savannah car accident lawyers can work with crash reconstruction experts, medical professionals, law enforcement, eyewitnesses, and others to conduct a comprehensive investigation into your accident and its cause.
- Negotiating with insurers: When our claim is ready and your damages are calculated, we can send a demand letter to the insurer and negotiate for a settlement amount on your behalf. Negotiations can take some time to complete, but they are usually done more quickly than courtroom litigation.
- Settling your claim: The majority of car accident claims are settled before anyone goes to court when an experienced team like ours is put in charge of negotiations and settlement processes. We will always discuss settlement offers with you, so you can feel confident that you are getting a fair amount or if you should be fighting for more.
- Litigating in court: Insurers sometimes refuse to play nice. This is not ideal, but it is nothing we can’t handle. We manage each case like it is destined for litigation, just in case. If your claim becomes a lawsuit in court, then we will be there to stand before a judge or jury in your name.
Why Hire Legal Representation?
Now that we have covered our process, here are some of the reasons why it's best to hire representation:
Reinforcement - When dealing with injuries, it is important to have the support you need. It is difficult to understand the obstacles facing car accident victims until you become confronted with the situation yourself. Don’t be blindsided by not hiring a supportive attorney.
Experienced counsel from someone with a law degree - If you have been in an accident, you’re most likely dealing with all sorts of complications in relation to your accident or your injuries. You may wonder how you’ll pay for all the expenses that are adding up while you handle the details.
Proper cognizance of Georgia law - Unless you’ve been through specialized legal instruction, it is not likely that you’ll be able to follow all of the Georgia laws that adhere to your circumstances. A seasoned auto accident attorney in Savannah will determine the legal issues and applicable legislature as they relate to your accident, and will furnish a thorough comprehension of those laws and how they’re interpreted within the local courts.
Running an investigation - Accident reconstruction experts may be called upon under certain circumstances in order to discern how the accident happened and who’s to blame. In addition, an expert may also assist in the determination of whether a vehicle defect played a part in the cause of the accident.
Settlement negotiation - It is common for car accident claims to be settled outside of the courtroom. You have the best chances for success by having a skilled negotiator representing you. The right attorney will be able to correctly assess your claim and fight for you to receive the maximum possible settlement. Without a lawyer, it will be much easier for you to be taken advantage of.
In the courtroom - As well as being a skilled negotiator, you’ll want an attorney that stands out in the courtroom. Even though many car accident claims are settled outside of court, it is still important to hire an attorney that is experienced in front of a jury, just in case it comes to it.
Handling insurance companies - Since we tend to pay insurance companies lots of money to protect us in the event of an accident, we expect them to be on our side when we need them. Unfortunately, this is not the case. An accomplished attorney will be able to confront the insurance companies that fail to provide you with the compensation you deserve.
Contingency fee - It is custom for many car accident lawyers to work on a contingency fee basis. This means they don’t charge you any money if you don’t receive compensation from your claim.
Mental freedom - When you hire experienced representation, you leave the worrying to them. You don’t have to spend your energy focusing on your claim when you should be concentrated on recovery.
No Time to Lose – Contact Us Now
The other driver’s insurance company is already making moves to slap down your claim. Don’t let them get an early lead by doing nothing. Side with our Savannah car accident attorneys today, like so many others in your community have done in the past. We are a local favorite law firm, and we would be honored to get the chance to show you why.
Bicyclist killed by a commercial vehicle.
DUI / Serious Injury Wreck
Head-On DUI collision.
Tractor Trailer Collision
Rear-End Tractor-Trailer Collision
Fatal Shooting at Nightclub
Drunk Driving Collision
DUI collision with moderate injuries.
Tow Truck Collision
Rear-end tow truck collision.
Proven ResultsOur firm has a long track record of successful verdicts & settlements for the seriously injured, including many in excess of policy limits.
Insurance Industry InsightOur attorneys understand how insurance companies operate and know how to prevent them from minimizing your injuries.
Fearless AdvocacyOur aggressive legal team is not afraid to go to trial to speak for victims of injury who cannot speak for themselves.
Unwavering CommitmentWhen it comes to fighting for your recovery, we refuse to settle for anything less than the full and fair compensation you deserve.
I highly recommend the Jamie Casino Law Firm.
I looked at a few firms to help me with my accident. I settled on the Jamie Casino Law Firm based on recommendations, all the positive reviews I read, and my interaction with the Intake Manager ...- Randy Bolduc
Best injury lawyers in town!
Best injury lawyers in town!- Angela Tapley
My family and I appreciate all of their hard work!
Aisha in the Demand department and Toni from Records was very patient and very diligent with giving me the info on how the process was going. My family and I appreciate all of their hard work!- Chelsea J.