Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Savannah
We Speak for Innocent Victims Who Cannot Speak for Themselves
When medical professionals make a mistake with your treatment, it could be disastrous for you. Do not miss out on the compensation that you might be entitled to. At Jamie Casino Injury Attorneys, we can help you find out how much your claim could be worth.
Our Savannah medical malpractice lawyers have extensive experience litigating cases involving all kinds of medical negligence, including:
- Hospital malpractice
- General care injuries
- Specialist care injuries
- Nursing home abuse
- Dental malpractice
- Wrongful death
Medical Malpractice Cases & Burden of Proof
All medical professionals licensed to perform services on patients must do so according to a standard of care. When health care providers fall short of this duty, demonstrating a carelessness and negligence in their treatment of a patient, it can result in a medical malpractice claim.
Common examples of medical malpractice include:
- Injury due to improper hospital care
- Error during surgery
- Failure to provide appropriate treatment
- Failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis of a medical condition
- Unreasonable postponement of treatment
In medical malpractice lawsuits, the burden of proof lies on the plaintiff. To collect damages from a medical professional, the victim must prove “gross negligence or willful or wanton misconduct.” This can be extremely challenging to prove without the help of an experienced personal injury attorney.
Seeking Compensation for Medical Malpractice Victims
At the center of every personal injury claim, including medical malpractice claims, are damages. As someone who has been hurt by the negligence of another, you deserve financial compensation to help you pay for the harm they have done and its many consequences. As your Savannah medical malpractice lawyers, it will be part of our role to calculate your damages accurately and seek the full amount through a settlement or verdict.
In a medical malpractice claim, you might be able to recover the following damages:
- Medical costs: A trouble with medical malpractice is that it often causes the victim to require further medical care, which creates compounding medical costs. Your claim can demand 100% compensation for all past, current, and future medical treatment costs related to the injury or illness caused or worsened by a medical provider.
- Missing wages: If your injuries or illness were severe enough to cause you to miss work, then you can list your missing wages in your damages. We can calculate the wages you are likely to lose and your lowered earning capacity as well.
- Pain, suffering, and trauma: Georgia allows you to seek noneconomic damages in most injury claims. Pain, suffering, and lasting emotional trauma are the three most common types of emotional damages, which are based on your degree of hardship rather than a tangible expense.
- Punitive damages: When a medical provider acts egregiously negligent or breaks a law, and you are harmed as a result of it, a court might approve punitive damages in your claim. As the name implies, punitive damages are used as an additional form of penalty against defendants who have done inexcusable mistakes.
Georgia’s Affidavit of Expert Filing Requirement
Filing a medical malpractice claim in Georgia involves several unique procedural requirements. One such provision states that anyone filing a medical malpractice lawsuit must ensure that they include an “affidavit of expert” along with their initial complaint.
This affidavit entails a testimony from a qualified medical professional who can provide evidence of at least one negligent act committed by the health care provider. Failing to file an affidavit of expert that meets state requirements could result in the dismissal of a case.
Statute of Limitations for Medical Malpractice Claims in Georgia
You might be unfamiliar with the phrase “statute of limitations.” It is merely the legal way to refer to the time limit within which a personal injury victim must file a claim. Each state makes its own laws regarding filing deadlines, and the length of time is determined based on the injury suffered.
In Georgia, the general rule is that victims of medical malpractice must file their claim within two years of the date of injury or death. Once this statute of limitations expires, so does the opportunity to file a lawsuit to recover compensation for your losses. There are some exceptions to this rule that could either extend or shorten the time limit.
Reach Out to Jamie Casino Injury Attorneys Today
If you have been injured by a doctor or nurse’s mistake and you hire our firm, you are now a part of the Casino family. Our Savannah medical malpractice attorneys are committed to protecting your rights and fighting for your maximum compensation.
Bicycle Fatality $2,400,000 Settlement
Bicyclist killed by a commercial vehicle.
DUI / Serious Injury Wreck $1,124,615 Jury Verdict
Head-On DUI collision.
Tractor Trailer Collision $1,025,000 Settlement
Rear-End Tractor-Trailer Collision
Negligent Security $1,000,000 Settlement
Fatal Shooting at Nightclub
Drunk Driving Collision $1,000,000
DUI collision with moderate injuries.
Tow Truck Collision $650,000 Settlement
Rear-end tow truck collision.
Tractor-Trailer Collision $500,000 Settlement
Rear-end tractor-trailer collision.
Pedestrian Collision $310,000 Settlement
Pedestrian hit in a crosswalk.
On-the-Job Car Collision $300,000 Settlement
Vehicle collision while on the job.
Car Accident $285,000 Settlement
“They handled my case swiftly and made sure to consistently update me when needed.”- Takelia G.
“The staff is very kind and understanding. There is always someone willing to talk to you about your case.”- Brooklyn F.
“They dealt with my ups and downs and made me comfortable through my financial stressors.”- Amelia M.
Cuando se trata de luchar por su compensación, nos negamos a conformarnos con menos de la indemnización completa y justa que se merece.
Nuestro agresivo equipo legal no tiene miedo de ir a juicio para defender a las víctimas de lesiones que no pueden defenderse por sí mismas.
Conocimiento sobre el sector de los seguros
Nuestros abogados entienden cómo operan las compañías de seguros y saben cómo evitar que minimicen sus lesiones.
Nuestro bufete tiene un largo historial de veredictos y acuerdos exitosos para los heridos graves, incluyendo muchos que exceden los límites de las pólizas.