Augusta Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys
Seeking Justice for the Injured in Georgia
Drunk driving is a serious problem in Georgia and across the United States. Every year, thousands of people are killed and tens of thousands are injured in accidents caused by drunk drivers. If you or someone you love was injured in a drunk driving accident, you have the right to seek compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. At Jamie Casino Injury Attorneys, our Augusta drunk driving accident lawyers are here to hold the at-fault party accountable for their negligence and maximize your entitled compensation.
How Alcohol Impairs Your Driving Skills
Alcohol affects driving skills in various ways, mainly because it impairs cognitive and physical functions. Here's how:
- Slowed Reaction Time: Alcohol affects the central nervous system, slowing down brain function. This delay in cognitive processing can significantly impair your ability to react quickly to unexpected situations while driving, such as sudden stops or obstacles.
- Reduced Coordination: Alcohol affects motor skills and coordination. It can impair your ability to control the steering wheel, maintain proper lane position, or use pedals effectively. This lack of coordination increases the likelihood of accidents.
- Decreased Vision and Hearing: Alcohol can affect vision, making it harder to see clearly and judge distances accurately. It may also reduce peripheral vision. Additionally, it can impair hearing, affecting your ability to hear horns or other important auditory cues on the road.
- Impaired Judgment: Alcohol can lead to poor decision-making and impaired judgment. It might cause drivers to take risks they wouldn't normally take while sober, such as speeding or attempting dangerous maneuvers.
- Decreased Concentration: Alcohol can affect your ability to concentrate and focus on the task at hand. This can lead to distractions or an inability to pay attention to the road, traffic signals, or other vehicles.
All these factors combine to significantly increase the risk of accidents and make it dangerous to drive under the influence of alcohol. It's important to remember that even small amounts of alcohol can impair driving abilities and increase the risk of accidents. The safest option is always to avoid drinking if you plan to drive, and if you've been drinking, it's best to find alternative transportation.
Drunk Driving Laws in Georgia
Like all other states, Georgia has strict laws in place to prevent drunk driving. These laws are designed to keep the roads safe and to hold drunk drivers accountable for their actions.
Some of the most important drunk driving laws in Georgia include:
- Legal BAC limits: It is illegal to operate a motor vehicle with a BAC of 0.08% or higher. For commercial drivers, the legal limit is 0.04%, and for drivers under the age of 21, the legal limit is 0.02%.
- Zero tolerance laws: In Georgia, it is illegal for drivers under the age of 21 to operate a motor vehicle with any amount of alcohol in their system. This is known as a “zero tolerance” law.
- Open container laws: It is illegal to have an open container of alcohol in the passenger area of a motor vehicle. This includes open bottles, cans, and other containers of alcohol.
- Dram shop laws: Georgia has dram shop laws in place that allow injured victims to hold alcohol vendors liable for their damages if they were sold alcohol when they were visibly intoxicated and then went on to cause a drunk driving accident.
How to Prove Fault in a Drunk Driving Accident Case
Proving fault in a drunk driving accident case is similar to proving fault in any other type of car accident case. However, there are some key differences. For example, if the at-fault driver was charged with DUI, this can be used as evidence of negligence. Additionally, if the at-fault driver’s BAC was above the legal limit, this can also be used as evidence of negligence.
However, it is important to note that you can still recover compensation even if the at-fault driver was not charged with DUI or if their BAC was below the legal limit. This is because Georgia is a “fault” state when it comes to car accidents. This means that the at-fault driver can be held liable for your damages, regardless of whether or not they were charged with a crime.
At Jamie Casino Injury Attorneys, our Augusta drunk driving accident lawyers have extensive experience handling these types of cases. We know what it takes to prove fault and are prepared to fight for you.
How Our Firm Can Help You
At Jamie Casino Injury Attorneys, we understand the immense physical, emotional, and financial toll that a drunk driving accident can have on a victim and their family. That is why we are committed to providing compassionate, personalized legal guidance and aggressive representation to each client we serve. Our Augusta drunk driving accident lawyers are prepared to fight tirelessly for you, both in and out of the courtroom.
When you choose our firm, you can expect:
- Compassionate, one-on-one attention: We are a small firm that can provide the individualized attention and support that our clients deserve. When you choose us, you will work directly with our attorneys, who will take the time to get to know you and your story.
- Aggressive representation: We are not afraid to take on large insurance companies and corporations. Our attorneys are skilled litigators who are prepared to fight for you in court, if necessary.
- Results-driven counsel: We have a proven track record of success and have recovered millions of dollars for our clients. We are committed to helping you obtain the maximum compensation you are owed.
Bicyclist killed by a commercial vehicle.
DUI / Serious Injury Wreck
Head-On DUI collision.
Tractor Trailer Collision
Rear-End Tractor-Trailer Collision
Fatal Shooting at Nightclub
Drunk Driving Collision
DUI collision with moderate injuries.
Tow Truck Collision
Rear-end tow truck collision.
Proven ResultsOur firm has a long track record of successful verdicts & settlements for the seriously injured, including many in excess of policy limits.
Insurance Industry InsightOur attorneys understand how insurance companies operate and know how to prevent them from minimizing your injuries.
Fearless AdvocacyOur aggressive legal team is not afraid to go to trial to speak for victims of injury who cannot speak for themselves.
Unwavering CommitmentWhen it comes to fighting for your recovery, we refuse to settle for anything less than the full and fair compensation you deserve.
I highly recommend the Jamie Casino Law Firm.
I looked at a few firms to help me with my accident. I settled on the Jamie Casino Law Firm based on recommendations, all the positive reviews I read, and my interaction with the Intake Manager ...- Randy Bolduc
Best injury lawyers in town!
Best injury lawyers in town!- Angela Tapley
My family and I appreciate all of their hard work!
Aisha in the Demand department and Toni from Records was very patient and very diligent with giving me the info on how the process was going. My family and I appreciate all of their hard work!- Chelsea J.