AUGUSTA CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
Let our law firm know who hit you when you were driving through the streets of Augusta, GA. Our experienced car accident attorneys will be ready to investigate your car accident case and uncover evidence that shows how the other driver was liable. Thanks to our extensive legal experience, our personal injury attorneys can also be ready for whatever their auto insurance provider puts between you and a fair recovery. Few defense strategies if any can catch our team off-balance.
On This Page:
- Common Causes of Car Accidents
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- FAQ Auto Accidents
- Is Your Car Accident Claim Worth a Lot in Augusta?
- Do You Have Much Time to File a Claim in GA?
- How Many Serious Auto Accidents Happen in Georgia?
- How Big of a Problem Is Distracted Driving?
- What Types of Risky Driving Behavior Contribute to Auto Accidents?
- Is Georgia a Fault or a No-Fault State?
- Where Can You Get Help After an Auto Accident in Augusta?
- How Long Does a Car Accident Settlement Take?
Drop the hammer. Call (912) 809-5335 to speak with Jamie Casino Injury Attorneys.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Our personal injury lawyers have been there for clients who were hurt in car accidents involving:
- Drunk driving: A drunk driver can be criminally prosecuted for driving while intoxicated. But a criminal conviction does not pay your bills. If you want to recover from the damages that they caused you to suffer, then you will have to bring that same driver to civil court, too.
- Texting and driving: With smartphones so popular in all age groups, most drivers have one in their pockets at all times. If a driver distracts themselves with a text message or app, then they might cause a terrible car accident in the blink of an eye.
- Rear-end collisions: Many of the people who come to our law firm in Augusta, with a car accident claim, have been hurt in rear-end collisions, which are one of the most common types of car accidents. Whiplash injuries are often suffered by drivers who get rear-ended.
- Defective auto parts: If you suddenly lost control of your vehicle because of a part defect, then we can file a claim against the manufacturer of that part or the automaker. We can work with expert engineers to inspect the defective part if needed.
Experiencing a car accident can be a distressing and overwhelming event. It is crucial to know what steps to take immediately following a car accident to ensure the well-being of everyone involved and protect your rights.
Here are some guidelines to help you navigate the aftermath of a car accident:
- Prioritize Safety: The safety of all individuals involved should be your primary concern. If possible, move your vehicle out of the flow of traffic to a safe location. Turn on your hazard lights and set up flares or warning triangles to alert other drivers.
- Check for Injuries: Assess yourself and others for any injuries. Call 911 immediately if anyone requires medical attention. Even if injuries seem minor, it is advisable to seek medical evaluation as some injuries may not be immediately apparent.
- Contact Law Enforcement: Regardless of the severity of the accident, it is crucial to report the incident to the local law enforcement agency. They will document the accident and create an official report, which can be invaluable for insurance claims and legal proceedings.
- Gather Information: Collect essential information from all parties involved in the accident, including their names, contact details, driver's license numbers, license plate numbers, and insurance information. Additionally, note the make, model, and color of the vehicles involved.
- Document the Scene: Take photos or videos of the accident scene, capturing the damage to all vehicles involved, skid marks, road conditions, and any other pertinent details. These visual records can provide crucial evidence later.
- Obtain Witness Statements: If there are any witnesses to the accident, ask for their contact information and request their statements regarding what they observed. Their testimonies can help establish liability and support your case.
- Notify Your Insurance Company: Promptly inform your insurance company about the accident, providing them with all the relevant details. Follow their instructions regarding filing a claim and provide them with any documentation they request.
- Consult an Attorney: Depending on the circumstances surrounding the accident, it may be beneficial to consult with an attorney who specializes in car accidents. They can guide you through the legal process, protect your rights, and help you seek fair compensation if necessary.
- Preserve Evidence: Keep all documents and records related to the accident, including medical bills, repair estimates, car rental receipts, and any correspondence with insurance companies or other parties involved. These records will be invaluable for insurance claims or potential legal proceedings.
Local Drivers in Augusta Trust Our Legal Team - (912) 809-5335
You need to make sure that you have a strong legal auto accident case after you have been hit by a negligent driver in Augusta, GA. Any Augusta car accident lawyer from Jamie Casino Injury Attorneys can help you build your car accident case from the ground up. Our personal injury lawyers take pride in being the legal team that many Augusta locals know and trust in difficult spots. Insurance companies know our name, too, because we have fought so fiercely for so many clients in the past.
There is an advantage to beginning a car accident claim as soon as possible. You will have the details of your crash fresh in your mind, and the negligent driver might not have taken any steps to defend themselves from your accusations. With this in mind, we invite you to come to our law firm at your next availability, so any Augusta car accident attorney from Jamie Casino Injury Attorneys can see about helping you.
Contact Our Law Firm in Augusta, GA, and Ask for a Free Consultation.
FAQ Auto Accidents
Motor vehicle crashes are a leading cause of injury death, hospitalizations, and emergency room visits in Georgia, according to the Department of Public Health (DPH). Due to various factors, the risk of a collision is greater than ever in the area. The following are answers to frequently asked questions about Augusta auto accidents.
Is Your Car Accident Claim Worth a Lot in Augusta?
All car accident claims have a damage value that should be paid by the defendant to the claimant. Each car accident case’s value is unique, though. How much will yours be worth? It depends heavily on how badly you were injured and how much your day-to-day life has been disrupted because of it.
Damages you can seek in a car accident claim usually include:
- Past and future medical treatment costs
- Past and future lost wages
- Permanent disabilities and related costs
- Pain, suffering, and emotional damage
Do You Have Much Time to File a Claim in GA?
Georgia law requires you to take legal action against the driver who hit you within two years of the car accident. Once this two-year statute of limitations ends, you will not have a clear pathway to seek legal compensation. Indeed, if you try to file a personal injury claim when the statute has expired, the court will most likely dismiss it before it ever reaches the defendant.
Two years can go by quickly, especially when you are dealing with the severe and persistent aftermath of a bad car accident. Please reach out to our auto accident law firm in Augusta, GA, quickly to learn about the steps you must take to start a personal injury claim. We would hate to hear that you lost your chance to get legal compensation because you missed the strict deadline.
How Many Serious Auto Accidents Happen in Georgia?
Safety on the roadways is a statewide issue. As reported by the Georgia Department of Transportation (DOT):
- In 2021, 1,844 people were killed in traffic crashes – 125 more than in 2020.
- On average, there were five traffic fatalities per day in Georgia.
- Of the people who died, 17.5% were pedestrians.
- 76% of deaths in motor vehicle crashes are caused by unsafe driving behavior, such as speeding, distracted driving, or driving under the influence.
How Big of a Problem Is Distracted Driving?
In 2020, nearly half (47%) of traffic crashes in Georgia involved at least one confirmed or suspected distracted driver, as stated by the Governor's Office of Highway Safety. Among the drivers involved in motor vehicle accidents, 26% were suspected of distraction and 2% were confirmed to be distracted seconds before the accident. Of all distraction-related crashes, 83% involved at least one other vehicle, as well as the vehicle of the distracted driver.
What Types of Risky Driving Behavior Contribute to Auto Accidents?
According to the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, the main contributing factor in traffic crash injuries and fatalities in 2020 was risky behavior.
Of the 1,552 fatal crashes on our state’s roads, 40% involved at least one driver who was engaged in some type of risky driving behavior, such as:
- Speeding: In speeding-related crashes, occupants of the speeding vehicles suffered more serious injuries and fatalities. The faster a vehicle is traveling, the longer it takes to stop and greater the impact in a collision. A total of 380 people died in speeding-related accidents in 2020, representing a 46% increase from the previous year.
- Drunk driving: Alcohol-impaired driving fatalities increased by 13% to 402. At least one drunk driver was involved in 25% of all fatal crashes. Drivers with elevated blood alcohol concentration (BAC) were 2.3 times more likely to speed.
- Drug impaired driving: Of all fatal accidents, 23% involved at least one drugged driver. Not only controlled substances but also certain prescription and over-the-counter drugs can impair ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Fatigued driving: Drowsy driving can be as dangerous as impaired driving. It is a major problem in the U.S., as stated by CDC. Fatigued driving fatalities in Georgia increased by 11%.
Is Georgia a Fault or a No-Fault State?
Georgia is a fault state for the purposes of auto accidents and auto insurance claims. If you have been injured in a crash caused by someone else’s negligence, you can go several different ways in seeking compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. You may:
- File a claim directly with the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- File a claim with your own insurance company. Your insurer will then seek compensation from the insurance company of the at-fault driver.
- File a personal injury lawsuit in civil court against the at-fault driver.
Where Can You Get Help After an Auto Accident in Augusta?
At Jamie Casino Injury Attorneys, we are committed to standing up for injured people. Our Augusta personal injury lawyers can be the advocates in your corner if you have been hurt through someone else’s negligence. We have a history of success, winning record-breaking settlements and verdicts for our clients.
How long does a car accident settlement take?
How long it takes for your case to reach a settlement depends on several factors:
- How willing the insurance company is to offer a fair settlement for your injuries
- Whether or not your case goes to court
- How severe your injuries are and how long it takes you to reach maximum medical improvement
While it's true that having the right car accident attorney on your side can cut down on unnecessary delays, it's not uncommon for some car accident settlements to take anywhere from 12-18 months to obtain.
Bicyclist killed by a commercial vehicle.
DUI / Serious Injury Wreck
Head-On DUI collision.
Tractor Trailer Collision
Rear-End Tractor-Trailer Collision
Fatal Shooting at Nightclub
Drunk Driving Collision
DUI collision with moderate injuries.
Tow Truck Collision
Rear-end tow truck collision.
THE RIGHT ATTORNEY CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
Proven ResultsOur firm has a long track record of successful verdicts & settlements for the seriously injured, including many in excess of policy limits.
Insurance Industry InsightOur attorneys understand how insurance companies operate and know how to prevent them from minimizing your injuries.
Fearless AdvocacyOur aggressive legal team is not afraid to go to trial to speak for victims of injury who cannot speak for themselves.
Unwavering CommitmentWhen it comes to fighting for your recovery, we refuse to settle for anything less than the full and fair compensation you deserve.
I highly recommend the Jamie Casino Law Firm.
I looked at a few firms to help me with my accident. I settled on the Jamie Casino Law Firm based on recommendations, all the positive reviews I read, and my interaction with the Intake Manager ...- Randy Bolduc
Best injury lawyers in town!
Best injury lawyers in town!- Angela Tapley
My family and I appreciate all of their hard work!
Aisha in the Demand department and Toni from Records was very patient and very diligent with giving me the info on how the process was going. My family and I appreciate all of their hard work!- Chelsea J.
DROP THE HAMMER!On Negligent Parties & Insurance Companies
Contact Us 24/7 for a Free Consultation