North Augusta Truck Accident Attorneys
Helping Victims of Truck Accidents in North Augusta, SC
Truck accidents are some of the most devastating and deadly accidents on the road. The sheer size and weight of a commercial truck can cause catastrophic damage to other vehicles and their occupants. If you or someone you love was involved in a truck accident, you may be facing a long road to recovery. You may be unable to work, facing mounting medical bills, and struggling to cope with the emotional trauma of the accident.
At Jamie Casino Injury Attorneys, we understand what you are going through. Our North Augusta truck accident lawyers are here to help you fight for the justice and fair recovery you are owed. We have extensive experience handling complex truck accident cases and have recovered millions of dollars for our clients. We are prepared to put our proven legal abilities to work for you.
Call our office at (912) 809-5335 or contact us online today to request a free, no-obligation consultation. We are available 24/7 to take your call.
Who Is Liable for a Truck Accident?
Truck accident claims are often more complex than other types of motor vehicle accident claims. This is because there are often multiple parties involved in the operation of a commercial truck, and, therefore, multiple parties who may be held liable for a victim’s damages.
Depending on the circumstances, one or more of the following parties may be liable for a truck accident:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- The truck’s owner
- The truck’s manufacturer
- The truck’s maintenance provider
- The truck’s cargo loader
- Another motorist
Truck accident claims are also subject to various state and federal regulations. For example, truck drivers are required to follow strict hours-of-service rules, which limit the number of hours they can drive in a day and week. Trucking companies are required to keep detailed records of their drivers’ hours and ensure that their drivers are in compliance with these rules. When a truck driver or trucking company violates these rules, they can be held liable for any resulting damages.
Additionally, trucking companies are required to perform routine inspections and maintenance on their vehicles. If a trucking company fails to do so and a truck accident occurs, the company may be held liable for the victim’s damages. Similarly, if a truck accident is caused by a defective truck part, such as the brakes or tires, the manufacturer of that part may be held liable for the victim’s damages.
What to Do After a Truck Accident
After a truck accident, it is important that you take the right steps to protect your health and your rights. If you are able to do so, there are several things you should try to do at the scene of the accident and in the days and weeks that follow.
After a truck accident, you should:
- Call 911: If you or someone else is injured, call 911 right away. The police will come to the scene and create an accident report, which can be helpful for your claim. Additionally, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible, even if you do not think you were seriously injured. Some injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries and internal organ damage, may not be immediately apparent.
- Get the truck driver’s information: You should get the truck driver’s name, contact information, and insurance information. Additionally, you should get the name of the trucking company and the truck’s license plate number.
- Take pictures: If you are able to do so, take pictures of the accident scene, the damage to your vehicle, and your injuries. These pictures can be helpful for your claim.
- Talk to witnesses: If there were any witnesses to the accident, you should try to get their names and contact information. Your attorney may be able to use their testimony to help prove your claim.
- Do not admit fault: You should never admit fault for a truck accident, even if you think you may have been partially to blame. Instead, you should let the police and your attorney investigate the accident and determine who was at fault.
- Do not give a recorded statement: After a truck accident, the truck driver’s insurance company may contact you and ask you to give a recorded statement. You should not do this. Instead, you should politely decline and let your attorney handle all communication with the insurance company.
- Call a truck accident lawyer: You should call a truck accident lawyer as soon as possible after the accident. Your attorney can help you understand your rights and options and guide you through the process of filing a claim.
How Long Do I Have to File a Truck Accident Lawsuit in North Augusta?
In South Carolina, you have three years from the date of the truck accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you do not file a lawsuit within this time frame, you will likely be barred from recovering any compensation for your damages.
However, it is important to note that, in some cases, you may have less time to file a lawsuit. For example, if the truck driver who caused the accident was a government employee, you may need to file a notice of claim within a matter of weeks or months. Additionally, if the truck driver who caused the accident was working at the time, you may have a limited amount of time to file a claim with the trucking company’s insurance provider.
Because the statute of limitations is so strict, it is important that you contact a truck accident lawyer as soon as possible after the accident. Your attorney can help you understand how long you have to file a lawsuit and ensure that all necessary paperwork is filed on time.
What Compensation Is Available for Truck Accident Victims?
Truck accident victims may be entitled to various types of compensation, also known as “damages.” The specific types and amounts of compensation you may be entitled to will depend on the facts of your case.
Truck accident victims may be entitled to compensation for:
- Emergency medical care
- Surgeries and other medical procedures
- Hospital stays
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Medical equipment and home modifications
- Lost income and wages
- Lost future earnings
- Disability and reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Property damage
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Truck accident claims are often worth significantly more than other types of motor vehicle accident claims. This is because truck accidents tend to cause more severe injuries and more extensive property damage. Additionally, truck accident victims often require long-term or lifelong medical care and may be unable to return to work. As such, the value of a truck accident claim is often much higher than the value of a car accident claim.
How Can a Truck Accident Lawyer Help Me?
After a truck accident, you may be wondering whether you need to hire a truck accident lawyer. While you are not legally required to have an attorney represent you, it is highly recommended that you do so. Truck accident claims are often complex and involve multiple parties. Additionally, trucking companies and their insurance providers are known for aggressively fighting these claims in an effort to avoid liability.
When you hire a truck accident lawyer, you can benefit from:
- Investigation: Your attorney can conduct a thorough investigation into the accident and gather all available evidence. This may include the police report, the truck’s “black box” data, the truck driver’s logbook, the truck’s maintenance records, and more. Your attorney can also work with accident reconstruction experts and other professionals to help determine the cause of the accident and who is liable.
- Calculating damages: Your attorney can help you understand the full extent of your damages and calculate their value. This is important because you only have one chance to recover compensation for your damages. If you accept a settlement offer that does not fully cover your damages, you will not be able to go back and ask for more money later on.
- Negotiation: Your attorney can handle all communication and negotiation with the insurance company. This can help protect you from making a mistake that could harm your claim. Additionally, your attorney can help you understand whether a settlement offer is fair and advise you on whether you should accept it.
- Litigation: If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, your attorney can file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf and represent you in court. Your attorney can present your case to a judge and jury and fight for the maximum compensation you are owed.
Choose a Truck Accident Lawyer in North Augusta, SC
At Jamie Casino Injury Attorneys, we are committed to helping truck accident victims and their families fight for the justice and fair recovery they are owed. We know how to take on trucking companies and their insurance providers, and we are not afraid to go to court to fight for you. Our North Augusta truck accident attorneys are available to answer your questions and address your concerns, and we are prepared to put our extensive experience to work for you.
Call our office at (912) 809-5335 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation with a truck accident lawyer in North Augusta, SC. We are available 24/7 to take your call.
Bicyclist killed by a commercial vehicle.
DUI / Serious Injury Wreck
Head-On DUI collision.
Tractor Trailer Collision
Rear-End Tractor-Trailer Collision
Fatal Shooting at Nightclub
Drunk Driving Collision
DUI collision with moderate injuries.
Tow Truck Collision
Rear-end tow truck collision.
Proven ResultsOur firm has a long track record of successful verdicts & settlements for the seriously injured, including many in excess of policy limits.
Insurance Industry InsightOur attorneys understand how insurance companies operate and know how to prevent them from minimizing your injuries.
Fearless AdvocacyOur aggressive legal team is not afraid to go to trial to speak for victims of injury who cannot speak for themselves.
Unwavering CommitmentWhen it comes to fighting for your recovery, we refuse to settle for anything less than the full and fair compensation you deserve.
I highly recommend the Jamie Casino Law Firm.
I looked at a few firms to help me with my accident. I settled on the Jamie Casino Law Firm based on recommendations, all the positive reviews I read, and my interaction with the Intake Manager ...- Randy Bolduc
Best injury lawyers in town!
Best injury lawyers in town!- Angela Tapley
My family and I appreciate all of their hard work!
Aisha in the Demand department and Toni from Records was very patient and very diligent with giving me the info on how the process was going. My family and I appreciate all of their hard work!- Chelsea J.