Augusta Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Protecting the Rights of Injured Riders
Jamie Casino Injury Attorneys is proud to offer top-tier legal services to local motorcycle riders who were in wrecks that were not their fault. Far too often, insurance companies try to pin the blame on the rider, no matter what. We know this is wrong, and we are adamant about stopping this unfair strategy in its tracks. If you are feeling pressured by an insurance company to settle low or to accept full liability for a motorcycle accident you know you didn’t cause, then it is already time to get our lawyers on your side.
Dial (706) 719-7177 now. Free consultations are available.
Financial Compensation Owed to You
Motorcycle accidents are so devastating in most cases because a motorcycle affords virtually no extra protection to its rider. If there is a traffic collision, then the rider will likely be thrown off the motorcycle and suffer any consequent injuries, which could be life-changing. Brain injuries, back injuries, road rash, and other severe injuries are all common in motorcycle accident claims. As such, the financial compensation owed to a motorcycle accident survivor and their family is often significant.
In your motorcycle accident claim, you could be owed money that helps pay for:
- Medical costs: Any past medical care you have received due to your motorcycle accident injuries should be completely paid for by the defendant. Also, if you need future medical care, like months or years of rehabilitation, then it should be covered as well.
- Lost wages: Did you miss work because of your injuries? The defendant should pay for the paychecks you were unable to earn. The same is true if your future earning capacity has been limited due to your injury, such as if you suffer a disability that makes it impossible for you to advance your career in your desired path.
- Permanent disability: Speaking of disabilities, you can be provided further compensation for the hardships caused by a new disability. For example, if you need a chairlift installed in your two-story home, then the cost of that installation should be covered.
- Pain and suffering: Your physical pain, emotional suffering, and mental anguish can all be turned into financial compensation and pursued as non-economic damages. The worse you were injured, the greater your non-economic damages will be, usually.
The driver who hit you will also owe you compensation for replacing or repairing your motorcycle. However, this type of damage is technically handled in a separate property damage claim. In a personal injury claim, the focus is on damages related to your bodily injuries and their consequences.
Georgia Motorcycle Laws
When investigating your motorcycle accident, our attorneys will need to see if there is any way that Georgia’s specific motorcycle laws intersect with your claim. If you were violating the law when the crash occurred, it could reflect poorly on your claim’s validity and give the defense more room to challenge you.
For your claim, we will need to pay attention to two laws in specific:
- Helmet use: In Georgia, all motorcyclists and their passengers must wear a helmet whenever the vehicle is being operated, which includes sitting on it while it is idling. If you chose not to wear a helmet and suffered a head injury, then the damages related to treating that head injury could be challenged by the defense. Always wear a motorcycle helmet, even if you are in another state that does not require it.
- Lane-splitting: Georgia law prohibits lane-splitting, which is done when a motorcycle rides between occupied lanes of traffic to pass or reach the front of an intersection. It also does not allow motorcyclists to try to lane share with a larger vehicle. If you were lane-splitting when a driver sideswiped you, for example, then your claim’s chances could be damaged.
Bringing Your Claim to the Next Level
Working on a motorcycle accident claim by yourself will be a challenge, especially if your injuries are severe and require you to rest. Please leave it up to our Augusta motorcycle accident lawyers. We are here to manage everything from start to finish and pursue as much compensation as possible.
Call Jamie Casino Injury Attorneys at (706) 719-7177 now.
Bicyclist killed by a commercial vehicle.
DUI / Serious Injury Wreck
Head-On DUI collision.
Tractor Trailer Collision
Rear-End Tractor-Trailer Collision
Fatal Shooting at Nightclub
Drunk Driving Collision
DUI collision with moderate injuries.
Tow Truck Collision
Rear-end tow truck collision.
Proven ResultsOur firm has a long track record of successful verdicts & settlements for the seriously injured, including many in excess of policy limits.
Insurance Industry InsightOur attorneys understand how insurance companies operate and know how to prevent them from minimizing your injuries.
Fearless AdvocacyOur aggressive legal team is not afraid to go to trial to speak for victims of injury who cannot speak for themselves.
Unwavering CommitmentWhen it comes to fighting for your recovery, we refuse to settle for anything less than the full and fair compensation you deserve.
I highly recommend the Jamie Casino Law Firm.
I looked at a few firms to help me with my accident. I settled on the Jamie Casino Law Firm based on recommendations, all the positive reviews I read, and my interaction with the Intake Manager ...- Randy Bolduc
Best injury lawyers in town!
Best injury lawyers in town!- Angela Tapley
My family and I appreciate all of their hard work!
Aisha in the Demand department and Toni from Records was very patient and very diligent with giving me the info on how the process was going. My family and I appreciate all of their hard work!- Chelsea J.