Augusta Negligent Security Lawyers
Investigating & Proving Negligent Security Cases
Everyone deserves to feel safe and secure when visiting public places, commercial establishments, or even private properties. Unfortunately, negligent security practices can lead to devastating consequences for innocent individuals who become victims of preventable crimes due to a property owner's failure to provide adequate security measures.
At Jamie Casino Injury Attorneys, we know how to investigate and prove negligent security cases. We know how to investigate the security measures that were in place at the time of the incident, how to investigate the security company's history and training protocols, and how to investigate the incident itself. We can help you with every aspect of your case.
What is Negligent Security?
Negligent security is when a property owner or business fails to provide adequate security measures for their property, knowing that people are likely to be there and that there is a risk of harm to those people.
Negligent security cases typically involve instances such as assaults, robberies, or other criminal activities that occur on the property due to insufficient security. In many cases, this type of negligence is a result of budget cuts, but the result is the same: a failure to protect people who are on the property.
To prove a claim of negligent security, the plaintiff must typically demonstrate the following elements:
- Duty of care: The property owner or manager owed a duty of care to provide a safe and secure environment for visitors or tenants on the premises.
- Breach of duty: The property owner or manager failed to meet the standard of care expected of them by not implementing reasonable security measures.
- Causation: The lack of proper security measures directly led to or contributed to the harm or injury suffered by the plaintiff.
- Damages: The plaintiff experienced actual harm or losses as a result of the security breach.
Examples of Negligent Security
Here are some common examples of negligent security:
- Inadequate lighting: Poorly lit areas, especially in parking lots, stairways, or building entrances, can create an environment conducive to criminal activities as it makes it easier for criminals to go unnoticed.
- Broken or faulty locks: Failure to repair or replace broken locks on doors, windows, or gates can make it easier for unauthorized individuals to gain access to a property.
- Lack of surveillance cameras: Absence or malfunctioning of security cameras can hinder the ability to monitor and deter criminal activities.
- Ineffective alarm systems: Failing to maintain or upgrade security alarms can delay response times to potential threats.
- Absence of security personnel: Insufficient or absent security personnel can leave a property vulnerable to criminal activities.
- Inadequate background checks: Employers or property owners may neglect to conduct proper background checks on employees or tenants, which could lead to dangerous individuals being granted access to the premises.
- Failure to respond to security concerns: Disregarding reports of suspicious activities or security issues can escalate potential threats.
- Poorly trained staff: If security personnel or employees are not adequately trained to handle security situations, they may not respond appropriately to potential risks.
- Lack of maintenance: Neglecting to maintain the property can result in hazards that increase the likelihood of accidents or injuries.
- Insufficient access control: Not having proper access control measures, such as key cards or passcodes, can lead to unauthorized individuals gaining access to restricted areas.
- Inadequate signage or warnings: Failure to provide proper warnings about potential risks or hazardous areas can lead to accidents or injuries.
How Can a Negligent Security Lawyer in August Help Me?
Our experienced lawyers are dedicated to seeking justice for those who have suffered harm due to negligent security, holding property owners accountable, and obtaining rightful compensation for our clients. If you or a loved one have been a victim of a crime on someone else's property, our team is here to provide expert legal guidance and support throughout your case. Your safety matters, and we are committed to protecting your rights and seeking the compensation you deserve.
Bicyclist killed by a commercial vehicle.
DUI / Serious Injury Wreck
Head-On DUI collision.
Tractor Trailer Collision
Rear-End Tractor-Trailer Collision
Fatal Shooting at Nightclub
Drunk Driving Collision
DUI collision with moderate injuries.
Tow Truck Collision
Rear-end tow truck collision.
Proven ResultsOur firm has a long track record of successful verdicts & settlements for the seriously injured, including many in excess of policy limits.
Insurance Industry InsightOur attorneys understand how insurance companies operate and know how to prevent them from minimizing your injuries.
Fearless AdvocacyOur aggressive legal team is not afraid to go to trial to speak for victims of injury who cannot speak for themselves.
Unwavering CommitmentWhen it comes to fighting for your recovery, we refuse to settle for anything less than the full and fair compensation you deserve.
I highly recommend the Jamie Casino Law Firm.
I looked at a few firms to help me with my accident. I settled on the Jamie Casino Law Firm based on recommendations, all the positive reviews I read, and my interaction with the Intake Manager ...- Randy Bolduc
Best injury lawyers in town!
Best injury lawyers in town!- Angela Tapley
My family and I appreciate all of their hard work!
Aisha in the Demand department and Toni from Records was very patient and very diligent with giving me the info on how the process was going. My family and I appreciate all of their hard work!- Chelsea J.